Friday, November 24, 2017

Blogging in FAU

Hi Blogsters!,

Today is our last blog post so I'd like to write out the blogging experience this semester. First off I really enjoyed reading (and occasionally) commenting on your blogs. I would have liked to comment more but finding time is not always easy. 
I think the post I enjoyed writing most was the one entitled "Something you feel passionate about". It reminded me of how much I love reading and all the great authors I've read, from childhood favourites like Enid Blyton or Arthur Ransome, to Kafka, Dostoevsky, Herbert & Kerouac in my teens and on to my current favourites of David Mitchell & Haruki Murakami.  It also made me see how obsessive I am about reading and reading different authors. If I like one novel, I then set out to read everything by that author.
Maybe my least favorite post was writing about "What you did last weekend". Don't get me wrong, I loved writing about my weekend activities but maybe a lot of you spent your free-time studying or build models so that might have been less interesting for all of you to write about. I think the most difficult post to write was the special meal as there are too many to choose from.
I honestly don't have a favorite blog. I enjoyed reading about all the things you've done or your opinions on different things and I loved reading all your comments. I guess the most interesting think for me as a teacher is seeing the progress you all make as that is very rewarding for me. At times I worry what you think about the blog as I know it can be difficult to motivate yourself to write about something if you don't find it beneficial or interesting. So, I truely hope you enjoyed the blog experience and found it a useful English learning tool.
I look forward to reading today's posts and I hope you enjoyed learning together this semester.
Write about your blog experience this semester.
Say:
Whether you enjoyed it of not,
Which post you enjoyed most and why,
Which post you enjoyed least and why,
Which post was most difficult to write and why,
Which of your classmate's blogs you enjoyed reading and why,
Try to write 300 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.


17 comments:

  1. It was a really nice experience, thank you for guiding us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mr simon, it was a very good experience for me, make the post, and i really enjoyed read your post about ¨something you feel passionate about, it was very appealing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the experience, I think it was a good kind to practice english and the headlines that you posed was very interesting, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teacher I like this experience, make a post is entertaining, although sometimes is hard for me decide about what write hahah.
    I think this a great tool for practise this language.
    Thank you and see you in hell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Simon:
    I enjoyed writing my blogs, although It was hard to write three blogs.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the experience, I like very much write about anything, grax for the class and this method for learn English.
    thank for all and see you never again ! (hell)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have seen the progress of everyone, i'm amazed. And I feel very happy to have my last english class with you Simon, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Teacher by this semester and teach us!
    is has been done less complicated for me english!! the class were very interesting! thanks by all !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This experience was so fun and I will definitely keep writing!!
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Fau blogs was a realy nice experience, Thanks Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Simon, Thank you for all!!

    The blog in the class is the best.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like learn from all the experiences and stories we have to say, and I think its a wonderful way to learn english!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teacher!
    Thanks for the experience, I believe that the fau blogs is a good learning method!

    Thanks for everything !

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed this semester and this blog experience more than the last time when I did English 3, and I really thank you for everything Mr. Simon... you are the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi teacher!
    It has been a pleasure to have classes with you. In my experience I must admit that I learned to write much better in English. Thanks.
    See you in Fau.
    Have a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Simon
    It was a great experience despite that I don´t like too much English, your a nice person and teacher.
    Thanks for all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was a great experience, thanks for this and for all!

    ReplyDelete