Thursday, September 14, 2017

Something You Did Last Weekend

Hi Bloggers,

Today I'd like you to write about something you did last weekend. I actually went to a rather crazy gathering to celebrate the birthday of a friend called Pancha. I went with my wife and there were about 15 or 16 other people, mainly Pancha's friends and a couple of cousins, Pancha is a guitarist so she'd organised a mini-concert involving some of the guests. There was a full line up of instruments (drums, guitars, bass, vocals) and so we gave an impromptu concert. We jammed away for about an hour doing versions of songs by The Velvet Underground, Nancy Sinatra and Bob Marley. There were two drummers who took turns. I played guitar and bass, It was lots of fun. I hadn't played amplified music with other people like that for 2 or 3 years so it was nice. The other musicians were really good players and we enjoyed ourselves swapping instruments and styles. Later, one of the guests (an actress) did a sort of mini-comedy set with her taking the role of another character. It was quite bizarre at times but also funny. I hadn't been out socially for at least a couple of months so it was nice to meet some new people and share an entertaining evening.



Write about something you did last weekend.
Say:
What it was,
Where it was,
Who you were with,
Why you did it.

Mention anything else you think is important. Write 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very good party hahahaha i wish that i could do that in one of my birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi teacher!
    I can see that you had a great and funny weekend hahaha
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Simon!

    Very funny celebration and very interesting with a talent persons. I imagine this gathering was very confortable for you and i thank you for share with we.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Simon
    Thats a nice way to celebrate a birthday haha
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is very Funny that form to celebrate! I want to do something like that hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I like that! , i also want to someday ( hopefully soon) play good an instrument to create that happy atmosphere somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a funny weekend and interesting way to celebrate a birthday, I think that my father would have been very happy there because he loves music!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mr Simon:
    It sounds very funny that birthday and I find innovated that manner to celebrate
    Regards !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Simon :)
    I like so much this celebration, it was cool. With music in live and covers of artists very fabulous like the Velvet Underground.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. that celebration was so original and made me remember about a party with new friends of a band and in the middle of the party they started to improvised jazz music and was awesome!

    ReplyDelete