Thursday, September 28, 2017

Fiestas Patrias

Hi Blogheads,

Today I’d like you to write about what you did over Fiestas Patrias. I must admit, I had a quiet time. For me, the most interesting thing out this time of the year is the fact that I get time off work. I’m not a big fan of Fondas so I rarely go, however, this year my wife and her friend Coni talked me into going to one close to my home which was raising money for a Cat Refuge. Actually, as a Fonda it was quite poor. There was some Chilean music playing and Chilean decorations but no Cuecas or people in National costume. They solo wine, chichi, empanadas and anti-cuchos but apart from that it could have been any day of the week, If I think about it, I think the only good Fonda I went to was in Algarrobo in about 2005. One of the reasons I don’t enjoy Fondas is because I don’t eat meat and the other is because, in my experience, in Santiago they tend to be over-priced and over-crowded. Ideally, I would travel out of the city at this time of the year but there are lots of traffic jams and too many drink-drivers. I think the best thing I did was catch up on my sleep and see a few friends so my Fiestas Patrias was more about relaxation than excitement. What about you¿ What did you do?

Write about your Fiestas Patrias.
Say:
What you did
Where you went,
Who you shared,
What typical activities you did (if any).


Mention anything else interesting or important. Write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog & on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

15 comments:

  1. Hi teacher! I think something same about this celebration. I prefer to rest or to do homeworks hahaha very boring! hahah
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr Simon:
    I agree with your idea, I don´t like the fondas, because there're a lot people and i don´t like the loud music.

    Regards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't matter if you don't enjoy the party time, the important thing is to take also a little rest!
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Simon!! Also I don't enjoy fondas, but no for the meat. I prefer go other places in fiestas patrias, for example, costumbrist party with costumbrist games :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "Fiestas Patrias", like other holidays was mutated to a pure state of consumption, its better take this days fort rest and try not get wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello teacher, is boring not to put typical music chilean really love dance this music and shared your opinion the cost of the thing is high

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to like more fiestas patrias than now, but its cool to having some rest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Simon,

    Me neither enjoyed went the Fondas, I feel burden, but this days i hope everyboys we can enjoyed of time off work.

    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you in that the fondas are over-priced and over-crowded, but I think the fondas can be entertaining too haha.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi teacher, I thing the same like you, I preferd sleep and eat all the time rather than go to some fonda.

    regards c:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello teacher, in my case I like fondas but I gotta admit that I prefer being with my family. On the other hand, i enjoy David Bowie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi teacher! My holidays were relax too, I prefer stay at home. But I think that sometimes the Fondas can be enjoyable too and we can learn so many typical Chilean things.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that the most important of this celebration is share with our family and friends, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi sir Simon
    I´m agree with you but the best of Fiestas Patrias is the terremotos and empanadas and of course share with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sometimes the best way of celebrate this days is rest and sleep a lot and enjoy with the family :)

    ReplyDelete