Friday, October 6, 2017

A Holiday

Hi Bloggers!
This week I'd like you to write about a great holiday you had. I'm going to tell you about a trip my wife and I made to Peru and Bolivia in 2001. We flew to Arica and stayed the night in a hostel. The next day we took a minibus to Tacna and a bus to Arequipa. We stayed in a cheap hostel in Arequipa but also spent one night in Colca Canyon (to see the baby Condors). On the trip to Colca we made friends with 2 Italian guys and 2 Israeli girls who we kept meeting throughout our trip. After about 4 days in Arequipa we took a flight to Cusco. We could have taken a 19-hour bus ride for about 2 dollars but we decided on the 30-minute, 50 dollar flight because it was rainy season and some of the roads were blocked. Also there had been rumours of bandits holding up the buses and robbing the tourists. Cusco was great. Obviously we went to Machu Picchu which was amazing. It was raining when we arrived but the sun came out late in the afternoon when all the one-day tourists had left. My wife and I had arranged to stay overnight in Aguas Calientes, the nearest village, and we walked up to Machu Picchu again the following day at 8 am to see the sunrise. We also climbed Huayna Picchu as well which has an amazing view and is a great place to take photos. In Aguas Calientes we met a group of Argentines in a bar and they told us about an amazing hotel in Coroico, Bolivia that involved travelling down the "Road of Death". So, off we went to Coroico via Puno (for 30 minutes), Copacobana for two nights, with trips on Lake Titicaca to La Isla del Sol and La Isla de la Luna included, and La Paz. Coroico was great.

The Road of Death was scary and the hotel was just as amazing as the Argentines had said it was.
Actually, the Road of Death was so scary I didn't want to leave Coroico! Eventually, I had to. Luckily we made it back to La Paz safe and sound. A couple of days we took a bus back to Chile via Lake Chungara. Great trip!

So, write about a great holiday you had.
Say:
Where you went,
Who you went with,
How long you stayed,
What you did,
Why you enjoyed it so much.
Mention anything else you thing is important.
Write at least 250 words. Write a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Simon!
    All the places that you visited must be fabulous, I have an outstanding trip to Machu Picchu.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sir Simon
    Perú and Bolivia are such a beautiful countries with a spectacular landscapes and history. One day I hope to realize the same route that you did

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi teacher! your trips are amazing and with many adventures. Is interesting and daring travelling down Road of Death. I can see in the photo. I hope one day I go and travel in this road.
    Regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi tacher, I dream with to know Perú and Bolivia, I image that are very beatiful landscapes and adore the tropical clima. Very amazing your trips

    ReplyDelete
  5. I literally frightened after watching the image and thinking why they called it "Road of Death". How many people may have lost their lives in that road...
    The rest of the trip sounded amazing! I hope one day I can be able to visit them too!!
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ! That's great! to know other countries is an adventure !! I Know only Chile but in the future Dreams with travel Other places

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mr. Simon, is amazing the trip and know new places, I really will like to travel to peru and know ne countries same you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sir!
    I liked your trip. I hope do it too and cross The Road of Death hahah.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Simon!

    woow is fantastic journey, scary route i imagine full adrenalin.

    Thank you for share
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mr Simon:

    Peru and Bolivia seem amazing places, where anyone may do many activities.

    Regards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great holiday Mr Simon! I imagine those places must be beautiful!! I hope to meet them one day

    ReplyDelete
  12. wooooow! my mother and sister were there last week and told me about the "road of death". It's great that you went there and know about new and interesting places!

    ReplyDelete